We’re looking for a new Library Director!
General Statement of Duties: Under the general direction of the Board of Trustees of the Moorestown Library, the Director is responsible for the identifying, planning, organizing, executing, and evaluation of a comprehensive and effective program of library services to the community of Moorestown Township. He or she needs to perform all related functions as required in conformity with the policies established by the Board of Trustees and the laws of the State of New Jersey.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Supervises the day to day operation of the Library, staff and facilities to ensure thorough and efficient delivery of services to all members of the community.
- Makes recommendations for hiring or dismissal of staff and assigns duties and responsibilities.
- Takes measures to ensure that the Library is adequately staffed and maintained.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of laws and practices pertaining to personnel management.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of current “best practices” in library management.
- Develops a continuum of services that ensures that Moorestown Library remains an engaged and vital part of the community
- Fosters a positive organizational climate that attracts and motivates a diverse staff of top quality employees.
- Directly supervises the Office Manager and the three department heads: Adult Services, Children’s Services and Technical Services while overseeing the supervision of the remainder of the staff.
- Serves as Library liaison to Board of Library Friends organization.
- Serves as Library representative on Township Department Heads group.
FINANCIAL AND LEGAL MANAGEMENT
- Develops, in consultation with the Board of Trustees, the annual operating budget. Makes recommendations on the allocation of available funds, and assures the effective and efficient use of budgeted funds.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on the Library financial status for the Board on a monthly basis.
- Maintains statistics on library finances and operational numbers for annual report to State officials.
- Provides reports and statistics as requested by Town Council, the Mayor and Township Manager.
- In consultation with Library Board of Trustees, recommends and implements policies and procedures.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution
- New Jersey Professional Librarian’s Certificate or eligibility to obtain one
- Minimum 5 years public library experience with at least three years supervisory experience
- Library Director qualification under rules governed by NJ Civil Service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competence in utilizing spreadsheets and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Up to date knowledge of current and emerging technology
- Previous experience with fund raising preferred
Position provides comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to:
Joseph Galbraith, Director
111 West Second Street
Moorestown, NJ 08057