Tax software available for checkout

H&R Taxcut is only available as a digital download, so the library will not have a copy available for checkout.

Tax forms available in the library

Selected federal tax forms and booklets are available in the library. Additional forms may be copied from our reproducible tax form binders.

The state no longer provides printed forms or booklets. State tax forms may be downloaded from the Department of Taxation website (below).

Internet links to federal and state tax forms

You also may download federal and state tax forms from the Internet, either at the library’s computer stations or from your home.

Tax Forms (Federal)

Print or download Federal tax forms, instructions, and publications from 1990 to the present. Forms are in .pdf format and you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view files.

Tax Forms (New Jersey)

Print or download New Jersey tax forms and instructions from 1992 to the present. Forms are in .pdf format and you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view files.

Tax Forms: All States

This site has links to both state and federal tax forms, as well as general tax information sites.

AARP Tax Help

Free tax help by AARP volunteers is held at Hope Community Church, 235 West Main St., Moorestown.

Important note: The tax assistance program is by appointment only. In order to sign up for the program, please call the Township Clerk’s Office at 235-0912, ext. 3016 during normal business hours. Appointments will be made for the program with the first appointment at 9:15 a.m. and the last appointment at 12:15 p.m. You don’t need to be over 65 or an AARP member to use this service.

What to bring:

  • Tax returns and supporting paperwork from last year.
  • Homestead rebate applications and property tax reimbursement applications.
  • All forms showing income of any sort including W2, 1099, K1, Social Security, SSI, State Tax Rebates, End of Year Statements from brokers, records of other income such as tips, fees for personal services, and business records if self-employed.
  • Records to substantiate any deductions or credits such as for taxes, mortgage interest, medical expenses, charitable contributions, child tax credit, tuition or energy credits, etc.
  • Social security cards (or ITIN for legal residents who are not U.S. citizens) for you and all dependents.
  • Bring tax and rental records for your home, and closing statements for homes either bought or sold. If you sold a home (other than your principal home), bring records establishing its cost basis including improvements.
  • If you sold stocks or bonds, bring records showing your basis (original cost including commissions and less selling commissions in most cases).

Note: For tax returns involving complex business, partnership, or trust income, or extensive capital gains or losses, please see a professional tax preparer.

Service is limited to low and middle income taxpayers. Priority will be given to senior citizens, but the AARP volunteers will also do returns for others as time permits.