November 3, 2020 – General Election
This election will include voting for president and vice-president, 1/3 of the Senate, and all of the House of Representatives. State and local races will also be on the ballot.
- All registered NJ voters will receive a vote-by-mail ballot for the upcoming general election without the need for an application!
- IMPORTANT DATES TO KNOW:
- September 19: Commencement of Mailing of Mail-In Ballots for General Election (45 days before election)
- October 13: Voter Registration Deadline for General Election (21 days before election)
- October 27: Deadline to apply by mail for a Mail-In Ballot for General Election (not less than 7 days prior to election)
- November 3: General Election
- November 3: Deadline for Post Office Receipt of Mail-In Ballots from the General Election
- CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION ONLINE at https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check
- NOT REGISTERED? You can register this year online (NEW) or by mail
- register online at https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/register
- register by mail – directions and form to print at https://nj.gov/state/elections/voter-registration.shtml
- You must register in NJ by October 13, 2020 to vote in the general election this year.
- VOTE EARLY
- By SECURE DROP BOX. Bring your mail-in ballot to the secure drop box in your county. For the Burlington County secure drop box locations go to http://co.burlington.nj.us/297/Election-Board (Keep checking website for updates)
- By BOARD OF ELECTIONS. Bring your mail-in ballot to your county Board of Elections for a secure drop off. The Burlington County Board of Elections is located at:
- 50 Rancocas Road
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
- 50 Rancocas Road
- By MAIL. NOTE: All vote-by-mail return envelopes will have prepaid First-Class postage in order to facilitate the proper delivery (per NJ Executive Order 177). You don’t need to put your own stamp on the envelope.
- VOTE ON ELECTION DAY (limited number of polling places)
- By MAIL-IN BALLOT. If you vote on election day, bring your mail-in ballot to a polling place (limited number) to drop off. Locations for Burlington County polling places are at http://co.burlington.nj.us/297/Election-Board (Keep checking website for updates)
- By PROVISIONAL PAPER BALLOT. You can still vote without a mail-in ballot on election day with a Provisional Paper Ballot at a polling place (limited number). Locations for Burlington County polling places are at http://co.burlington.nj.us/297/Election-Board (Keep checking website for updates)
- EDUCATE Yourself on the Candidates and the Issues – General election information for NJ: https://nj.gov/state/elections/election-information-2020.shtml#general for Burlington County: https://www.co.burlington.nj.us/593/Election-Voter-Services
- NJ Executive Order 177
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS – Voter rights and accessibility information.
- CHECK THE FACTS on non-partisan websites like the Annenberg Political Fact Check, Center for Public Integrity, Politifact , and Votesmart.