Moorestown Library lends museum passes, which allow for free admission at local museums, nature and arts centers. Passes are available to adult cardholders in good standing. (Please see other guidelines below.) All pass reservations are processed via our MuseumKey webpage. Patrons can access this page directly or can call the Circulation Desk at 856-234-0333 to reserve passes. Please call ahead before visiting museums to verify their hours of operation.
Note: Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, many museums the library partnered with have closed temporarily. The museums that can be visited are listed below, as well any changes to their admission procedures. The library will add museums to this list as more open in the coming months. Until then, why not check out some of their virtual offerings?
List of Museums
The Academy of Natural Sciences (Philadelphia, PA)
Admits 2 adults and 5 children in the same household. Only open Thursday-Sunday. Advance reservations are required and can be made on the Academy website. You will need the reservation code on the library pass to make a reservation.
Battleship New Jersey (Camden, NJ)
Admits 2 adults and 3 children under 18.
Eastern State Penitentiary (Philadelphia, PA)
Admits 6 people. Currently open Wednesday-Sunday. Library passes are only available for daytime visits.
Independence Seaport Museum (Philadelphia, PA)
Allows general admission for up to two adults and four children (18 and under). Open daily, timed admission. No advance reservations for library pass holders.
Museum of the American Revolution (Philadelphia, PA)
Admits up to 2 adults, and 4 youth (6 to 17). Children under 5 are free. Open seven days, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
National Constitution Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Admits 2 adults and up to 4 children. Open Thursday-Sunday. Advanced reservations are not required for library pass holders. Check in at front desk with pass for admission.
New Jersey State Parks
Pass provides free entrance to state parks and forests. Some parks within the system may close early on high visitation days and reopen as visitors leave.
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (Philadelphia, PA)
Admits 2 adults and 4 children under the age of 18. Open Thursday and Friday 10-4, and Saturday and Sunday 11-5. Patrons must email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a ticket.
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology (Philadelphia, PA)
Admits 2 adults and all dependent children in the household. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged but not required. Please call 215-898-4001 to reserve a time.
Wheaton Arts (Millville, NJ)
Admits 2 adults and 4 children under 18.
WheatonArts is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays.
Advance tickets are not required to visit, but if you’d like to reserve them, follow the steps below:
– Please visit www.wheatonarts.org/tickets to reserve your tickets and to view visitor guidelines.
– Add member tickets to your cart (adult and students) children 5 and under are free
– At checkout, enter code LibraryPass348 in the coupon code box
– Bring your library pass and reservation to the front gate when you arrive
– Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.
Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge (Medford, NJ)
Admits 2 adults and 3 children. Open 7 days a week from 10am – 4pm.
Museum Pass Guidelines:
- Only adult library cardholders with accounts in good standing may borrow passes.
- Passes are due two days after the reserved pick-up date. Only one pass can be borrowed per family at any given time.
- Fines for overdue passes are $25 per day, with a maximum of $75. Replacement costs vary for each museum pass.
- How many passes may I reserve per day? How many each month?
One museum pass may be reserved per day, per card. Each museum may be reserved one time per month, and up to five different passes may be reserved at a time.
- Do I need my library card to pick up the pass?
Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the pass to pick it up.
- How far in advance can I reserve the pass?
You can place a reservation as early as today or as far as 60 days in advance.
- How do I reserve a pass?
Moorestown Library provides print-on-demand museum passes and passes that require pick-up. Print-on-demand passes have a printer icon next to to the museum name.
- Instructions for reserving print-on-demand museum passes: Reserve a pass for the date you plan to go to the museum. Passes may be checked out for a total of one day.
- Instructions for reserving museum passes for pick-up: Reserve a pass for the date you will pick it up at the library. Passes are due two days after the reserved pick-up date.
- How do I get the pass?
Physical passes may be picked up at the library on the reserved pick-up day. Please check library hours of operation before picking up a pass. Reservations for Academy of Natural Sciences, Garden State Discovery Museum, Independence Seaport Museum, Mütter Museum, Woodford Cedar Run, and Wheaton Arts may be downloaded and displayed on your smartphone or by printing a pass when you place a reservation. Printed passes do not need to be returned.
- How do I return a pass?
Passes can be returned to the Circulation Desk or in the book drop.
- What happens if I do not pick up my reserved pass?
Reservations canceled the day before or the day of the day of use will be considered a No Show. Because demand for passes is extremely high, two No Shows in a 60 day period may result in a two month block on museum pass reservations.
- Can I cancel my reservations?
Reservations may be canceled up to two days before the day of use. Cardholders may cancel a reservation online by clicking on the “My Account” link on our MuseumKey page, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the library Circulation Desk (856-234-0333, option 1.)
Sponsored by the Friends of the Moorestown Library