Need a Notary? Moorestown Library can help
The Library’s notaries are not attorneys licensed to practice law and may not give legal advice about immigration or any other legal matter or accept fees for legal advice.
Moorestown Library offers Notary Public Services for the benefit of the residents of our community according to the following guidelines:
- Notary service is not available at the Library for power of attorney, mortgage documents, deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils or depositions. The Library only provides basic notary services.
- Library Notaries are usually available between 9:30 AM and 4 PM Monday through Friday. However, it is advisable to call before coming to the library (856-234-0333) to be certain that the Notary is available.
- Government issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license, or government-issued, non-driver identification card, which is current or expired no more than three years) is required of any patron seeking Notary Service.
- The Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library. The witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must also be able to show valid photo identification.
- Library notaries can only notarize documents in English.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the person seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries communicate in English and are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary Service patron.
- Public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
- In accordance with New Jersey law, Notaries will not provide service if the patron, document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.
- The library reserves the right to limit the number of signatures and seals/stamps required.
Notary services are free for Moorestown Library cardholders. There is a fee of $2.50 per signature for non-cardholders.