As part of Moorestown Library’s mission of strengthening our community by inspiring and supporting learning, literacy, creativity, and expression, it is a pleasure for us to provide rotating exhibition spaces for local artists and nonprofits.
Flyers announcing non-profit community activities for cultural purposes may be submitted to the Library for display on the Community Bulletin Board.
1. No exhibit or promotional literature may be placed in the Library without permission of the Library Director, or his/her designated representative.
2. The following exhibits, posters and promotional literature will not be permitted under any circumstances:
- Advertisement for a profit-making business
- Advertisement for anything for sale by an individual or a business
- Materials that specifically endorse one or more political parties or candidates in any local, state, or federal election.
- Any religious materials endorsing or advertising a specific faith or religious service to promote that faith except for nonprofit religious organizations may promote events that are strictly social or charitable in nature including charity events and community dinners.
- Religious materials that endorse or denigrate any faith or religion pertaining to one party or one faith, other than such strictly social functions as church suppers.
3. Groups desiring to exhibit in the Lobby Display Case, Community Gallery Space, or Teen Art Space must complete an Artist/Exhibitor Agreement Form. If the exhibit is approved, a mutually agreeable date for the mounting of the exhibit will be arranged. All items should be brought to the Library at the prearranged time and removed by the exhibitor at the predetermined time for removal.
4. Exhibits usually are rotated monthly. However, duration of the exhibit is at the discretion of the Library Director.
5. No item can be sold at the Library. However, the exhibitor may provide contact information where he/she may be contacted for information on purchasing items.
6. The exhibitor should be prepared to arrange his/her own exhibit within the assigned space and supply all necessary accessories.
7. The Moorestown Library does not carry insurance to cover exhibits; thus, all items are displayed at the exhibitor’s risk.
Community Gallery Space: Wall space, approximately 23 feet long X 9 Feet high. Supplied with adjustable wires and hooks.
Lobby Display Case with adjustable glass shelves: Two compartments, each 68″ high x 32 1/2″ wide x 18″ deep; divider in middle. Located in Library Lobby.
Teen Art Space: One shelf 180” long (five 36” spaces) x 9” deep. This space is reserved for teen exhibitors.
Bulletin Board: Cork-board space for posting flyers and posters.
Adopted by Moorestown Library Board of Trustees 5.15.1985, revision adopted 4.26.2023.